I’ve been knitting on a design for the last month, and knitting against the clock for the last week. The problems were entirely my own. The first week I had the yarn in my hands I spent spinning and sewing. Both of which are fun, but don’t really add to the knitting progress.
This last week I had pretty well planned out. I needed to get 3 hours of knitting time a day in order to finish the knitting Thursday. Then there’d just be the finishing and blocking for friday, and the design could be in the mail on Saturday. Priority shipping is my friend, and I really didn’t want to pay for express shipping… Things were going just fine until sometime Thursday morning. I don’t know exactly when, but I must’ve been distracted on the bus ride in, and I jogged off a row in the pattern. Worse, I didn’t notice. Not until I sat down to knit after dinner. The mistake was VERY noticeable, and there was no way to drop down and fix it. I had to frog back 2.5 hours worth of work at 8pm. And I had to finish before bedtime.
I was up until 2am last night. But I finished! Now I just have to hope that inside my house is dry enough for the blocking to finish. We’ve gotten (and are still getting) inches of rain. All this humidity isn’t very conducive to drying wool. Maybe we’ll have a fire in the wood stove tonight to help it along.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go infuse some more caffeine into my system…