According to ravelry I started this project in March of 2009. It’s a sock yarn blanket… It’s knit with scraps of sock yarn, each square built off the last so there’s no seaming.
For some reason I decided knitting a queen sized blanket on US2 needles seemed like a brilliant plan. At the rate I’m going (it’s gone to deep hibernation 3 times already) I won’t finish before I die.
But I keep plugging away. I’ve been working the starting tails into each square as I go. Recently I started working the tail of the last square into the base of the next one. Which means I don’t have any ends to weave in. Well, except for the 200 ends of the first 200 squares.
I’ve knit approximately 286 squares so far, and this thing is decent sized stole. I’m considering blocking it out, just to see how tall the stockinette squares become after that. My reason is so I can accurately predict how many YEARS it’ll take to finish if I knit just one square a day…