It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a UFO?!? No! Wait! It’s an actual FO!
The problem was that I tried to add length. I knit the green sample out of one skein with a little yarn left over. But apparently not enough to add length below and above the button hole.
So I knit up into the yoke, ran out of yarn, and frogged back to the underarms to remove the extra above the button hole. Ran out of yarn again, and frogged back to below the button hole to remove all the extra length.
Then I ran out of yarn AGAIN when I was working the seed stitch at the top of the yoke. I shouldn’t have, but either my gauge, or the skein, or both were off slightly. These things happen.
I frogged back one last time, worked less of the leaf lace in the yoke and no short rows. This vest has a completely different neckline from the first. But it worked!
Then it sat for a couple months. Then I wove in ends and blocked it. Then is sat for a couple MORE months. Then I finally added the button.
Given how many times I had to frog, it’s a miracle the thing ever got finished at all…